We are a group of beekeepers covering a wide area which includes Waterlooville, Horndean, Boarhunt, Wickham, Bishop’s Waltham, Botley, Hedge End, Durley, Upham, Warnford, Meonstoke, West Meon, Medstead, Ropley, Cheriton, Alresford, Farringdon, Four Marks, Alton and Basingstoke. The association has been in existence in since 1938.
We help and encourage people to learn the craft of beekeeping, to keep their bees healthy and strong, so that they will bring in a good honey crop and provide pollination. We provide:
- Fellowship, fun and free help and training from experienced beekeepers
- Offer of a mentor.
- Help in obtaining bees.
- Monthly autumn to spring meetings with excellent speakers who cover not just bee management but such topics as using the products of the hive and environmental issues of interest to beekeepers.
- Summer visits to the apiaries of other beekeepers. These are a great opportunity for new and experienced members to learn from each other. They end with a lovely tea and are great fun.
- Social functions which include our cheese and wine and Christmas parties.
- Access to our annual auction where you can obtain bargains in used beekeeping equipment.
- Direct honey sales and subsided entry to conventions.
- The bulk purchase of honey jars which are sold at cost to our members.
- A monthly newsletter.
- Membership of the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) with a monthly journal and membership of the Hampshire Beekeepers Fellowship, fun and free help and training from experienced beekeepers
- Association (HBA) with a quarterly newsletter.
- Regular free up to date newsletters, leaflets and booklets on beekeeping, published by Hampshire, National and Government sources.
- Bee disease insurance.
- Loan of the Association equipment.