This site has been a place of worship for over 900 years. The core structure is of Norman origin, and later additions include the Saxon font (discovered in a garden in nearby Houchin Street in 1933), a Jacobean pulpit  and the 14th century iron clock, possibly removed from the Bishop’s Palace after it was severely damaged during the Civil War.

Until the end of the 19th century the church was the place where the Vestry, the forerunner to the Parish Council, convened.

To arrange a visit call the Parish Office on 01489 892197.

SP_Church_small.jpg 3 years ago
Showing 1 result