Annual Bishop’s Waltham Carnival and Show 2017
Bishop’s Waltham Rotary has been organising this local event for more than twenty five years. In that time it has provided terrific enjoyment for local families. It is BW Rotary’s main fund raising event of the year and so a tremendous amount of preparation work is invested in it prior to the event, to make sure that it is the most enjoyable experience that we can make it.
In 2017 the Carnival will be held on Saturday 10th June and entrance is £2.50.
The Carnival is made of three components:
- The Procession which starts in Station Road and leads through the town, up the High Street to the Hoe Road Recreation Ground, is led by a procession of vintage cars and motor bikes; followed by marching bands, and dray horses, and local people dressed up in the theme of the carnival.
- The Stands in the Hoe Road Recreation ground are a feature of the event and include food stalls, beer tents, competitions, rides, and local club exhibitions.
- The Arena events include Canine agility displays, Tug of War competitions, dancing displays, and bands playing.
- In addition, there is a Programme which provides a platform for local advertisers and details about the Carnival day.
- The main sponsor for the event is the White and Guard Estate Agent in the town.
THE THEME FOR THIS YEAR’S CARNIVAL IS: SPACE: THE FINAL FRONTIER
There is room in the procession for you. So, get your old space suit out and get involved. We look forward to seeing you there.
To contact Bishop’s Waltham Rotary, click here.